Craft NB Employment Opportunity
Start Date: As soon as possible – position will be open until it is filled
- 24 hours per week
- Fredericton NB
Application can be submitted by email to Craft NB by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (“Project Manager” subject line)
- Address: 361 Victoria St. Suite 200, Fredericton NB.
Craft NB is a provincial non-profit arts organization located in Fredericton. We support the growth of the craft community in New Brunswick and celebrate the high quality and uniqueness of the handmade. We support our members through a range of programming, including annual festivals, touring exhibitions, professional development workshops, mentoring, and the Beneath the Surface residency in Fundy National Park. As Project Manager, you will be at the helm for these events, planning, organizing, and overseeing their successful completion.
The position of Project Manager with Craft NB includes the following roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinate events and programs hosted by Craft NB, and acts as the main point of contact for members and relevant parties. These include annual festivals, touring exhibitions, workshops, jurying sessions, Beneath the Surface residency, AGM, etc.
- Write and submit project grant proposals with detailed budgets, and complete comprehensive final reports.
- Maintain daily email correspondence with Craft NB members, arts organizations, government officials, community members, and many others.
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager to coordinate program marketing and membership benefits.
- Work closely with the Executive Director on all projects and budgets.
- Pursue sponsorship opportunities while maintaining and growing partnerships and corporate relations.
- Coordinate annual booth at Craft East Buyers Expo in Halifax.
- Participate and/or lead committee meetings.
- Help with the loading and transportation of all exhibition items, as well as display and promotional material for other events. This will include driving rental vehicles such as cargo vans.
- Some weekend and evening work will be required, as well as overnight trips out of town.
- You will be representing Craft NB to many important funders, supporters, and members in personal interactions and email correspondences.
- Self-Motivated and strong time management: You will often have many projects on the go at once. Knowing how to prioritize tasks, stay on track, and work under minimal supervision, will keep your work in good order.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Grant proposals and final reports demand strong and clear writing skills. You will draft a variety of forms and contracts on your own as well.
- A familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- An enthusiasm for the craft sector. This role centers around supporting craft artists and building programs that allow artists to grow and sustain themselves. Being familiar with galleries, artists, funding structures, workshop opportunities, and general craft news, will be helpful.
- Listening to direction. You will often be helping curators and gallery owners set up an exhibition. When hanging valuable and fragile objects, being detail oriented and knowing your role will keep things running smoothly.
- Things will be thrown at you, and other unexpected turns will appear. If you can keep your cool and respond positively to your circumstances, you’ll be fine.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Bilingualism is preferable.
- Knowledge of the arts and craft sector throughout the province, such as arts organizations, galleries, funding sources, and community contacts, is advantageous.
- Access to transportation is an asset
- Physically capable of lifting heavy objects and climbing ladders.
If you have any questions about the position, contact email@example.com.