Deadline to Apply: August 2nd, 2019
About Beneath the Surface:
The Beneath the Surface touring exhibition is the final step of Craft NB’s 2019 Beneath the Surface residency which took place this past June at Fundy National Park. In partnership with Parks Canada, Craft NB took 20 artists to Fundy National Park to experience the vast environments and diverse ecosystems that New Brunswick has to offer. The exhibition will feature work from the 20 participants, ranging from sculpture, metal arts, paper, fibre, wood and more. The exhibition will be touring throughout New Brunswick, beginning September 26th at the George Fry Gallery in Fredericton.
Craft NB is seeking a photographer to photograph fine craft work for the upcoming catalogue of the Beneath the Surface Exhibition.
- Ideal candidate has experience in product photography and/or exhibition photography.
- Creative problem solving is considered an asset.
- Able to work with tight deadlines.
- We currently have a budget up to $750 allotted for the exhibition photography portion of this project.
- Exhibition pieces will be delivered to the Craft NB office in Fredericton NB.
- Photographer will have use of the Craft NB studio space to take photos, including equipment such as lights, DSLR camera and other materials.
- Art direction and assistance will be provided during photoshoot.
Subject of Photography:
- Approximately 20-25 pieces of work, varying in size and material.
- 2-3 images of each piece. This includes a full visual of the piece and some detailed shots.
- Photos to be edited (colour correction, etc.) and delivered to Craft NB as high resolution JPGs.
- Final pieces selected: August 28, 2019
- Photoshoot: Between August 29-30, 2019
- Delivery of Final Photos: September 11th, 2019
- Photos will be used primarily in the Beneath the Surface exhibition catalogue and subsequent promotions for the touring exhibition.
- Photographer will be credited wherever photos are used (on posters, social media, etc.)
- In addition to payments for service, photographer will receive a copy of the final exhibition catalogue as well as invitations to attend exhibition opening receptions.
- Please provide the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 2nd, 2019:
- Statement of interest (300 words max.)
- A photo portfolio, including specific product photography samples
- A cost estimate based on the information above
- Contact Information
About Craft NB
Craft NB, formerly known as the New Brunswick Crafts Council, is a non-profit organisation dedicated to promoting excellence in crafts, maintaining standards of craftsmanship, connecting makers and buyers, and creating a knowledgeable and supportive community of craftspeople and craft enthusiasts. We further public education in the value of handmade goods created by local craftspeople who contribute to the cultural and economic sectors of this province. Regular Craft NB activities include sales and festivals, tradeshows, exhibitions and publications, awards, lectures, residency programs, jurying and standards and workshops. Craft NB seeks to be present in communities throughout the province and partners with various cultural and community organisations such as the Craft Alliance, the Canadian Craft Federation, the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design, ArtsLink, Arts NB, the NB Craft Foundation Inc and the Province of New Brunswick’s Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture.