Title: Marketing & Graphic Design Assistant
Terms of Employment: Full time, 10 weeks, daytime, $11.50/hour
Start Date: June 17th
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick
Deadline for Application: June 5th
The Marketing & Graphic Design Assistant will assist Craft NB’s Marketing & Communications Manager with the design, production, and implementation of both printed and digital materials for Craft NB special projects and activities. From concept development to final touches, the Marketing & Graphic Design Assistant will develop a better sense of branding, time management, and marketing. Ideal candidate will have a passion for graphic design and a knack for creative problem solving.
Marketing & Graphic Design Assistant will:
- Assist in the design and development of marketing, and promotional materials for Craft NB activities (festivals, exhibitions, etc.)
- Assist in the maintenance of membership database profiles as needed
- Research and create content for social media, e-news, etc.
- Work with committees as needed
- Brainstorm, problem solve and idea generate with the Craft NB team
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Social media and web marketing experience
- Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Experience with WordPress
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and as a team
- Experience in content creation and marketing for an organization
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial regulations
- Own laptop that can be brought to work, including access to Adobe Creative Suite software
- Knowledge and experience with cloud storage applications such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Event planning experience
- Bilingualism and ability to translate
- Content development experience
- A genuine interest in the craft sector or a career in arts administration
- Google Adwords experience
- Experience with non-profits
About Craft NB
Craft NB, formerly known as the New Brunswick Crafts Council, is a non-profit organisation dedicated to promoting excellence in crafts, maintaining standards of craftsmanship, connecting makers and buyers, and creating a knowledgeable and supportive community of craftspeople and craft enthusiasts. We further public education in the value of handmade goods created by local craftspeople who contribute to the cultural and economic sectors of this province. Regular Craft NB activities include sales and festivals, tradeshows, exhibitions and publications, awards, lectures, residency programs, jurying and standards and workshops. Craft NB seeks to be present in communities throughout the province and partners with various cultural and community organisations such as the Craft Alliance, the Canadian Craft Federation, the New Brunswick College of Craft and Design, ArtsLink, Arts NB, the NB Craft Foundation Inc and the Province of New Brunswick’s Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture.
Please send your resume and portfolio (3-4 samples of design work) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Marketing & Graphic Design Assistant’ in the subject line.